Ticked Off

9:57 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
Ok here's my beef: What is up with people who still actually think that it's ok to say "the south should have won?"

Reasons that this fallacy drives me up a tree:
  1. Even if there were bigger issues in the Civil War for example State Rights those issues have long since been forgotten. The only issue that stands out is slavery and maybe one or two other things.
  2. When saying things like "The South should have won" you make yourself sound a) racist b) ignorant and c) likely to get your butt kicked north of the mason Dixon
  3. I honestly don't think that people realize what a loaded, offensive statement the "South should have won" is if they did maybe they would think twice about it.
*Disclaimer*
I believe in Free Speech any one that knows me knows that. I think Voltaire said "I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." I agree with him. I just wish that people would think before they talk. Language is to be used wisely.

Peace out

0 comments: