Sleep Depravation or Why The Man Wants to Keep Us Sleepy:

5:10 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
It is currently 4 am. I at this point see no reason to go to bed. This week has completely and utterly ruined my sleep habits. I went to bed at 12:00 only to awaken at 1:30 feeling greatly refreshed and ready to work. So I've been working on my final Creative Nonfiction essay. It's pretty darn good, if I do say so myself. I am surrounded by bits of paper and diet coke cans there are books at least 15 strewn about the floor from last nights endeavors. I have returned to my old friend Critical Theory Since Plato for some help in writing my essay. It is quite amazing that a book that is well over one thousand pages and is intense on every level not to mention incredibly difficult to read, I cried over it a many a time, could bring such inspiration. Maybe it was having a certain Captain usher me through it the first time that brings such satisfaction to each little page. I do not know.

At any rate a brief diatribe:
Why the man wants to keep us sleepy:

I believe that the Man, and we all know who that is, wants to keep us sleepy, so that we are less able to overthrow his regime. If the establishment is able to keep everyone between the ages of 18 and 30 tired and up late at night, they are unable to man a revolution during the day. Ahh that crafty man, nothing more than a fox. He should be punished. We should sleep.

Conspiracy theories are so easy to hatch at 4 in the morning.

As-Salâmu 'Alaikum

0 comments: