Blueberries

5:00 PM Edit This 1 Comment »

Today, I went blueberry picking for the first time. It was great. I'm not a huge fan of just eating blueberries, but I love them in cobbler, muffins, or pancakes - Mmm good. Jeremy and I picked almost 3 pounds in about 25 or 30 minutes. It was really hot and humid, but we had a lot of fun. I think I may go back on Monday and get more. For 30 minutes of worked we saved a ton of money. Blueberries at the grocery store are $2 a pint. We paid $2 a pound. It was great; One of the things I love about New Hampshire are all of the ways to get fresh, local food. Tomorrow we'll go to the farmers market. Hopefully, there will be lots of good fruit there.


Most of the berries are in the freezer on pans freezing. After their frozen, I'll transfer them to bags. The rest are waiting, patiently, to be made into blueberry cobbler.



I really will start posting bout Europe soon.

1 comments:

Shannon said...

I went blueberry picking twice this past summer! It's so addicting because you'll think your done and you see another ripe one! Mom and picked 6 quarts one day.